It amazed me again after this second session how much faster regular life is compared to the hospital It is like Pres. Uchdorf's talk about the Piper Cup Plane (the Huntsman Hotel) and the F-16 Fighter Jet (the Kotter Home - includes three energizes masses in a constant state of motion, with a forth being charged as we speak) he has flown. Like Pres. Uchdorf, I do feel like I am surrounded by "angels" that are lifting me up and keeping me going. I made an observation to Angela at dinner that the Hospital was quieter than the Kotter home. We laughed.
I again had wonderful visitors on Thursday. My sister came to visit. She is a wonderful example to me of staying true and faithful no matter what. She is really busy with her family and work and still takes the time to visit me and visit our grandmother. Thanks big sis for all you do! I was able to see an Aunt and Uncle that have been very supportive and I am able to work my uncle at DHI. We can't wait to see you again at the temple!! Angela's grandparents, parents, and her sister from Pennsylvania stopped by also. They have adopted me into their family from the beginning and I consider them as much family as anyone. They have helped Angela and our family in so many ways - couldn't number them if I tried. We had a wonderful visit and really enjoyed the time together. Angela's sister flew out for the week to help Angela take care of our children. I get emotional every time I think about it. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! These visit were the bright spot of my day!!
On a good/sad note. my comrade in chemo was able to leave on Thursday. We made plans to stay in touch over the "break". He may only have 1-2 more sessions of chemo before they have to change course. He has been a great friend and an ear that knows exactly what I am going through. Him and his wife are a blessing from Heavenly Father for Angela and I. See you on the 13th or 14th or 15th!!!
Friday - a GLORIOUS DAY - I am able to go home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My tests were all OK Friday morning, so I packed up the room and got everything ready so when Angela came at 12 noon, we could dash out of there. I was able to get home health to connect me to Mezna (protection for kidney and bladder). We arranger for home health to come unhook me on Saturday. I had Angela pick up some lunch for us do we could eat on the way home - HOME SWEET HOME!!! The yard and the house never looked so good. Angela looked better than ever ; )
We took a nap and were awake to welcome the boys home from school. A dear sister brought us dinner - it was delicious. The Huntsman Hotel does have great food, but there is a cafeteria smell to some of the dishware. The freshness of dinner that night was wonderful. We spent time as a family. We laughed and worked and got the kids to bed. A wonderful young woman came and watched the boys while Angela and I slipped away with Annie for a dessert by ourselves. It was a lot of fun and a needed time to talk and be together.
I love my family so much. Being away from them will be the hardest part of this whole treatment. Thanks to all of you who have helped Angela while I have been at the hospital - you are truly the angels that are bearing us up!!! -Doug-
So much progress here, session 2 completed, and home sweet home again. So glad you are being supported. We are praying for you from afar off too. Much love to your family :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! I get another body scan about the 14th. Hopefully it will show if the cancer is being affected by the chemo. Thanks for all the comments. It is great to hear from you!
ReplyDelete