Wow - that anti-nausea medicine really did the trick. One of the hospital staff said they checked on me while I was writing yesterday's blog entry and it was quite humorous watching me try to wrap up the blog being half awake. I am glad I am providing some entertainment value for the staff here : )
Yesterday after reading from the scriptures, I was able to shower and get fresh for the day. I are a late breakfast - delicious omelet with hash browns and sausage & fruit. I walked a mile with my chemo neighbor. It is really important to walk around 2 or mores times a day. It helps the chemo chemicals get into the system. It helps with energy levels and helps me have a positive attitude.
I was able to remote into my work computer and get a few hours in at my work. They have been and continue to be wonderful to me and flexible with my schedule and time while I am in the hospital getting treatment. I could not have imaging a kinder and more compassionate response. Being able to work form the hospital does great things for my self esteem and my morale. I feel more like a contributor than the constant benefactor.
I had several visitors stop by from 4:45 pm to 8:45 pm - it was WONDERFUL!!!!!! I love seeing all you wonderful people. A good friend came who is expecting a baby in less than a week. She brought some flowers to brighten the room, along with her encouragement and support. Thank you!! Angela arrived about 5:15 pm and was able to see our friend - her friend since elementary school. It is kind of funny, but for Angela and me, I am the one who likes flowers to look at in the house. My aunt & uncle stopped by and gave us a book about Hope by Gerald N. Lund called "Look Up My Soul, The Divine Promise of Hope." I am really excited to read this book. I have many hopes for the future that keep me positive, happy, and excited for the future. Thank you!! Angela and I were able to spend some alone time together. We went to another floor to look at paintings. It was fun to just walk and talk. Being away from Angela and the boys is the hardest thing about being away for treatment. Angela got 8 x 10 pictures developed from the photo shoot and we have them on the wall here. Everyone who sees them loves our family. One of Angela's cousins dropped by at 8 pm. We had a great visit with her and her 7 year old. She was so supportive and kind and talked us like we are normal people. Thank you!! We did forget one of the rules though. To see me in my room, visitors have to be 14 years or older. I can visit younger people in a area right off the elevators that is not by the patient rooms. So please come and we will visit in whichever place we need to!!!
After the visitors had left, I did more laps with my chemo neighbor and after several laps we picked up a third guy. He is a great guy that is staying positive even though he is getting an adolescent dosage of chemo (more chemo is a shorter amount of time). He is a trooper and a motivation to me to stay positive and to be grateful my case is not any worse than it is. The three of us visited in the hall until it was time for bed. It is amazing to me how the Lord blesses us in so many ways while we are going through a trial. I do not feel a sense of want or need. The Lord is buoying me up though his children and their kindness to me and through the peace that comes through the Holy Ghost. I know that my Redeemer is Neareth! He is watching over us all.
Thank you again for the visits, the prayers, the fasting, & the sacrifice in behalf of my family.
-Doug-
Much love you and happiness as I read your blog. You put a smile on my face as I hear your adventures :)
ReplyDeleteWe have an oncology guy as our Stake Counselor over Scouts. I asked him about Stage 4 Ewing Sarcoma. If you want to at some point that you find out, could you tell me about the sarcoma part, if you want to. Maybe email me, when you get the chance and are inclined to. No worry if you don't feel like it or they haven't told you or figured that out.
I do love hearing about your laps and knowing your testimony. You 3 Musketeers are giving that floor a good shinning. Yeah!
Thank you for being a positive example for me in my life.
ReplyDeleteI sure love reading your blog and pray for you and your family and faith.
ReplyDelete