Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Session 2, Day 1

Angela drove me and a friend of ours up to Huntsman Monday morning.  The ride was much less adventurous than our first session.  No alternate routes or special stops to get something we forgot. We were able to leave Annie in the wonderful care of Angela's sister who has flown in from Pennsylvania to help Angela this week while I am "vacationing"  at the Huntsman "Hotel."  We got my port accesses and took on the squid look.  We met with Dr. Gouw and confirmed future treatment plans.  I am going to have a CT scan during the third session of chemo - hooray for not having to make an extra trip!!! I have not been having any concerning adverse affects from the chemo - they just smile and nod when it comes to the hair loss issue.  We then checked into the Hospital side of Huntsman.  I am in room 4518 - a nice view of the mountain. My friend that I had made during my first session is here again.  Our rooms are right next door to each other - that may be more than the staff can handle.  They have already  been given the instructions to look in either room when trying to find one of us; then search the hallway in case we are doing our laps (remember 12 laps = 1 mile).  It is really fun to have a familiar face that understands largely what I am going through.  We are able to encourage and support each other in a special way.

It was wonderful to have Angela with me - she is my best advocate.  I could not get through this without her help and love - please take care of her while I am at the hospital.

Our friend that came with us is in a photography class and is taking pictures of me and my life with cancer as her final project.  She has taken some amazing pictures.  The "bald" picture is one of hers.  Her pictures are going to make a great book!!  Thank you.

Well, the room service is great as usual - food, fun, and clean sheets : ) - what more could you want if you have to be away from home?

Thanks again to everyone for all you have done, continue to do, and will do for me and my family.  Visitors are welcome, but you have to be 14 years old or older.  I pray for you all each day.      -Doug-

1 comment:

  1. Get em Tiger :)

    Courage is not the absence of fear, but the action in the midst of it.

    The Allisons love your family and are praying for you!! I just put your name of the SD Temple prayer roll (fyi 858-622-0991). XO Angels watching over you.

    ReplyDelete