Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Real Food

Well, things are progressing right along with my diet.  I have gone from clear liquids to full liquids to low fiber.  I ordered some toast, eggs, and a cookie.  We will see how this food settles in my tummy.

They are talking about discharging me by tomorrow (tonight if things go well, but I am not holding my breathe that all the paper work will get done one time).

This has been and continues to be an interesting experience.  I hope to never have this problem again.  Time moves so slowly when you are in pain and no one around you appears to be helping fast enough.  Pain warps perspective.  I am so thankful to be out of the painful stage of this condition.

This low fiber diet will be interesting as they want me to be on for 6 months to a year.  If I am doing chemo and radiation, then I may have to do it longer.

I get to try "Ensure" as a supplement.  If anyone has a drink like Ensure that they really like, please let me know.  I heard there is a Costco version that is less expensive.

Thanks again for all your love and support.  I know that we are all being blessed through this trial.  We are blessed through your service and prayers.  You are blessed for it.  Heavenly Father is watching over all of us.  He loves us and will allow us those experiences that refine us and prepare us for heaven.

Hopefully the next entry will be written from home!!

-Doug-

2 comments:

  1. Hey Doug. I am sorry you are having all of these additional problems. I have great empathy for you. You could always do p90x for your new exercise routine! Haha just kidding that is seriously intense exercise. But if you are needing to cut back on grains, dairy, sugar or other things like that I have lots of ideas! That's what I've been doing this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not handle Ensue, that was gross. So I went to Boost. That was much better. I don't know if Costco has it. But Sams does. And you can get it most any place. Glad things are looking up for you. Hang in there. You have been a real fighter though all of this. But of course that is why you are still hanging in there. Nice going Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete