Sorry it took so long to get a report on the surgery. I am been a little tired, sore, and somewhat bedridden. I am feeling well - but do not like coughing. It is not as bad as my abdominal surgery for the coughing, but it is a pain to move my right arm.
They went in at my right shoulder blade and removed some 'dead' tumors from around the heart. The doctor was pleased with how it went so I am to. The nurses have been really kind and all the staff have been very helpful.
A good thing is that I did not have to stay on the POU (Pediatric Observation Unit). They set me straight to the regular floor. The nurses are telling me I am recovering well. My doctor came in just as I had gotten into bed after doing some laps and told me to get up and move around and not lay in bed all day - timing is everything.
Angela and I watched a movie tonight - Inspired Guns. It was fun to relax. The candy cart came by and stocked up on treats. I will be wise and not each very much - I hope.
I am having a little leaking at my check tube site. This happened last time and I had to keep getting more and more dressing until I had pretty good obstruction sticking out the side of me. We will see how this ends up.
I am in good spirits. Angela's sister was able to fly out thanks to the generosity of a family member. They have been able to do some fun things together. I am reading the House of Hades book to see if it is appropriate for Matthew and Jonathan. It has some parts in it that Angela will need to talk about.
I am able to eat. I had lunch and dinner today. A bowel movement is the next goal for the day.
Thanks for all your prayers and love for our family. We are lifted up by your love and are able to conquer all our foes. Thanks to our Savior Jesus Christ, we do not fear the future but pray for the faith to accept his will. God lives and loves us!
-Doug-
No comments:
Post a Comment