This morning I was up at 7 am. I will still tired, but not tired enough to really sleep. I did my breathing exercises, shoulder exercises, ordered breakfast, went for a walk, and had a bowel movement. I ate breakfast once it arrived. Angela called and said she was on her way. Once Angela arrived, I was pretty worn out so I took a nap while Angela read.
This morning, the doctors told me that the only thing holding me here at the hospital, is the medication. I need to go from IV medication to oral medication. I have started that process and the plan is to un-hook my IV tonight. I will have two oral pills. One I take twice a day that is the base medication for pain control. The other pill I can take once an hour as needed for pain control.
We then meet with the doctor in clinic on Friday. They can then get me so on some lighter pain medication that is not habit forming. Soon I hope to be all healed up and off of all medication. We probably will not know until Friday when we will be able to fly home.
I am still sore at the incision site and at the chest tube sight, but things are healing up. I think that I am making good progress. I just have to be patient with myself and get the rest that my body needs these next few days.
Thanks again for all the love and support. -Doug-
from a mom's point of view...............HOORAY!
ReplyDelete