Tuesday, June 3, 2014

June 3rd - Arrived in NYC

We flew out this morning at 8:45 am, had a layover in Minneapolis, then on our way LaGuardia airport.  We took a taxi to a friends apartment to get a sleeping pad, then on to the Ronald McDonald House.  We caught dinner just in time, then went grocery shopping.  We are unpacking our things and getting settled in.

The plane rides were uneventful, but we did have more turbulence than last time.  Angela got a really bad headache and was very glad to get off the airplane.

The people here at Ronald McDonald House are so wonderful.  They will do everything they can to make your stay as comfortable as possible.  

I have to be at the hospital at 7:00 am to get ready for a CAT scan.  I will also have a doctors visit, PET scan and an MRI before the day is over.  We will keep you posted in the results.

This visit has been interesting for me.  I feel more tired and there is not the excitement of a new adventure.  I pray that I am doing the right thing.  Please pray for us that we make the correct choice tomorrow in regards  to the surgery.

We found out earlier this week that there is an unidentified mass in my abdomen above my left hip.  The scans tomorrow will tell then if it is cancerous or not.  It may just be fluid from my first surgery - let us hope. 

I know that Heavenly Father guides those that trust and put their faith in him.  I hope that my actions have shown that I have real faith.  There is so much I need to improve on.  

We love you all and are so grateful for all the support that you give us.  Please pray that the Lord's will will be done during this visit.

-Doug-

2 comments:

  1. Keeping you in our prayers. I don't envy three scans in one day, but at least you get them over all at once :)
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you Delores! We had so much fun at dinner the other night. We need to do again sometime. We ended up only having two scans - YEAH! Pray that recovery goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete