Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Keep the Course

Dear family and friends,
Thank you so much for all of your prayers, faith, love and support in my behalf.  I feel the healing power of our Savior Jesus Christ each day in my life.  I feel empowered everyday.  I feel of your strength and it lifts me up from day to day.  I am so thankful for all of you.  I feel God's love for each of us and know he is watching over us.  He has a plan for us, we just have to trust Him.

I have been thinking lately about the tender mercies that have been shown to me throughout this cancer journey, and even before.  Heavenly Father orchestrated my job change before we ever knew I had cancer.  DHI Computing Services has been so wonderful to me and my family.  They have shown me and my family great compassion and generosity.  I can't think of a better company that I could be working for.  During treatment, I had friends and family that have donated of their time, energy and resources.  Flights, visits, yard care, child care, food, listening ear, car rides, priesthood blessings, music, kind words, opportunities to serve, vacations, family home evenings....just to name a few.  My family and I have been so blessed throughout this journey.  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you ♥️

I had PET scan and an MRI last week.  The PET scan showed mostly good news.  Most of the tumors were smaller and had less metabolic activity.  HOORAY🎉😁🎉
The scan also showed some increased activity in the lower spine - lumbar region.  Hence, the MRI.  The MRI confirmed lesions in L2 and L3 (if I remember correctly),  some slightly bulged discs, and confirmed there was nothing affected the spinal cord and no bone fractures.  So, this was troubling, to say the least.  We were very concerned and reached out to family and friends to get their take on it.  We received the love, encouragement, and advice we needed.
We talked to the doctor this morning and she eased our fears somewhat.  She said that the activity in the spine could be healing activity.  Healing activity can show up more pronounced than cancer activity.  We need more scans to know what exactly is going on.  So, we are going to do two more cycles of chemo, then more scans.  My doctor also recommended a bone strengthening medication to help the bone heal.

I just got a call from the insurance saying the bone medication was approved so we will be starting that in a few weeks.  So, there you have it.

Please continue to keep us in your prayers.  I am so thankful you are apart of this journey ♥️

God lives and loves us.  Let us do all in our power to help others feel God's love for them.

-Doug-

No comments:

Post a Comment