Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Starting off 2023 with more Chemo

 Hello wonderful people!  We are so thankful for all of your love and support.  We feel so blessed to be surrounded by your friendship, your compassion, and your service.  We are so very blessed.

We enjoyed a festive Christmas season.  We did things a little unconventional and it all worked out just fine.  We were able to celebrate Christmas multiple times, spending time with family and friends.  We had a wonderful surprise when the neighborhood showed up on our lawn one night and sang us Christmas carols.  It was very touching.

I had a scan on December 21st. We were so happy when it came backing showing stability.  We called it our Christmas miracle.  The feeding tube tube came out and I decided to not replace it and have been tracking calories and maintaining my weight.  

We  met with the oncologist at the end of December and he asked us to consider doing some kind of maintenance dose of chemotherapy.  His concern was that without the maintenance dose, the cancer would one day have explosive growth and nothing would be able to stop it.  We prayed and pondering this and felt that he was correct.  So, in January I started on a 40% dose every 3 or 4 weeks.  I still do not like the effects of the chemotherapy and have to remind myself why I am doing it.  I have been blessed to make it this long, I cannot give up now.

Great news!!  Matthew came home from his mission on February 21st.  He was serving in the Cameroon Yaoundé Mission.  He learned the French language and has been practicing as much as he can here at home.  He has been able to connect with some missionaries from his mission that live in Utah Valley.  He is such a wonderful man.  He is so kind and so committed to the gospel.  He is filling the big brother role quite nicely.  We are so happy to have him home.

So, back to chemotherapy.  The goal is to have the least amount at the greatest interval and still have stability.   It will take some time to get it just right, but we will get there.

We know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ  are in charge.  We know they are watching over our family.  Blessings with continue to flow and we will continue to stay on the covenant path.  We must be steadfast and immoveable.  We are not perfect by any means, but we are getting better at daily repentance.  

We love you all and are very grateful for you!

-Doug-

1 comment:

  1. For someone to go through what you have gone through and still be here and fighting the good fight I would say you are pretty much close to perfect. You never cease to amaze me as I have probably said more than once. Just keep up the good fight and keep the positive attitude that you have always had and you should be around for quite some time. So glad you got to see Matthew come home and celebrate with him. Did he go to the MTC and see about getting a job? Would like to hear if he got on. It would be a very rewarding experience for him. Do take care and keep the faith. The Lord loves you and your family. We pray for all of you every night. Love Sherry and Roger.

    ReplyDelete