Dear family and friends,
Thank you so much for all your love, support, faith, and prayers in my behalf and in behalf of our family - especially Angela, as she recovers from her surgery and tries to take care of the family. BIG thanks to Kris, Mel and Mom Kotter for coming and spending some days with us during this recovery time. It was a HUGE help! Special thanks also to Mom and Dad Minert for the help they rendered during this time.
Well, as the title suggests, my October 11 scan came back stable! HOORAY!! WOO HOO!!
We are so grateful for this miracle and tender mercy. The oncologists were very pleased with the results, so much so that we decided to do 70% dose for the next two cycles and see what kind of results we get from that. Hopefully we can still get stability without as many side effects.
We have had some changes take place since my last post. I am on un-paid medical leave from my work and am trying to qualify for Short Term and Long Term Disability payments. Hopefully they will go through without a hitch. We are using FMLA for the un-paid medical leave and it allows us to keep our medical insurance through my work if I pay my portion of the premium. This is another huge blessing since getting insurance through COBRA would be very expensive. In January, I will officially be unemployed and we can use that life change event to get insurance on the exchange. Hopefully the plan will work out as we want it to. We know that Heavenly Father is watching over and has already solved these problems for us, we just have to put ourselves in tune with His spirit and listen for His guidance.
October 3rd was the last day I did any official work for DHI. They have been so kind to me over the years and we are so blessed that I was able to work for them for the last 11 years. They are truly remarkable people. I will miss them much.
I was released from the High Council as well. I have a paralyzed left vocal chord that does not allow me to speak for more than a few minutes before I start coughing and my voice goes out. Also, I have been getting very fatigued with this chemotherapy.
I thought this blog would be longer, but I guess I was more concise than usual ; )
I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are real. I know they love us and have a plan for us. I know the Holy Ghost will teach us the truth of all things. I know The Book of Mormon is the word of God and that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I know that families can be eternal through the ordinances of the temple and by enduring to the end.
Thank you again for all of your love and prayers and support,
Love, Doug
No comments:
Post a Comment