Hello Everyone! I hope this post finds you well. This has been such a crazy time. I apologize it has taken me so long to update the blog.
We have been flying back and forth to New York since October. We have been very blessed by the generosity of others with flights, food, and accommodations. We are being very well taken care of. It was so good to be together as a family during the Holidays. My amazing mother has been driving down and taking care of the kids while we are in New York. We have had other family and friends step in to help as well. We are so blessed to have the support group we have.
Thank You So Much 😀
Angela and I decided to stay in New York for most of January. With the rise in the number of COVID cases with the new variant, we thought we could hunker down in the hotel and hide from it. Well......that didn't work. Angela and I both got COVID : (
Fortunately, we think it was the omicron variant. We had head colds and a sore throat, but not much beyond that. We had to quarantine at the Hotel for a bit, but I still had to leave for chemotherapy. It was an interesting time. We are feeling much better now and are so grateful it went as well as it did.
In January I had my scans. We were hopeful that they would come back showing stability, like the other scans have shown. However, that was not the case. The scans showed disease progression 🙁. We were very disappointed and we could tell the doctor was also. She said that she could give us two more cycles and we would do another scan, in March. If the March scan shows disease progression, I will not be able to continue the clinical trial. I will have to find another treatment option.
Now, we do believe in miracles and are praying for a miracle - that the tumors show stability or that we are led to a better treatment option - one that allows us to be together as a family and one that is not so resource intensive. We are seeking to know Heavenly Father's will for our family. The kids are growing so quickly. We want to spend time as a family, building memories, laughing, singing, eating cookies, etc....
I have learned over the years that we do our best with the information we have. We make a decision and seek personal revelation and then move forward and not look back. God's ways are truly mysterious at times and what seems to be a bad thing in the moment may end up being a good thing in the end.
We love you all. We know that Heaven Father and Jesus Christ are real. They love us and are watching over us. They will bless us and will answer our prayers.
Please keep praying for us. We are so thankful for you all!
-Doug-
No comments:
Post a Comment