Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Early Morning Earthquake

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that this post finds you well and in good spirits.  I was up early for a work issue and was able to feel the affects of this mornings earthquake.  A co-worker that was on the phone with me said his chandelier was swinging and some things fell off his desk.  What crazy times we are living in.  I wonder what else the day will bring.....

A BIG "THANK YOU" to the wonderful friends that brought us treats yesterday.  It brought a BIG smile to many faces.  We had greenish-blue eggs for breakfast that were mostly a success.  The kids did some yard work.  I am working from home for a few weeks.  The kids are doing chores and trying to stay busy.

Now we all get the be a part of the home-school group.  I am sorry for laughing at any jokes about home school.  This is going to take some real work and coordination.  It is nice to know that we are all in this together. 😀

Well, I did have a scan last week.  It was during the week of chemotherapy which is unusual, but they are replacing the scanning machine at Huntsman, so they had to get people in earlier or make them wait a couple of months.  I chose to go early.

Well.....nothing exciting.  The results were the same as the last few scans have been.  Everything is about the same.  Some things a little bigger, some things a little smaller.  Looks like the only consistent thing these days is my cancer - ha ha.

I talk to my oncologist on the 30th and I image she will recommend just doing to same stuff we have been doing.  Sigh.  I am really blessed that the treatment is as mild as it is.  I need to be thankful always and not let it wear me down.  I have so many things to be grateful.

I am feeling well most of the time. I do get tired by the end of the 5 days of chemo, but I really can't complain.  I have been otherwise healthy and been able to do all the day-to-day activities I need to do.  It is depressing though that the only child I can outrun is Annie and that is only for a short time.   I will have to start finding games that do not involve us racing one another.  Anyone for chess?  Oh wait, they beat me at that also. 😋

I hope and pray that you stay safe and that if you are directly affected by the virus, it will be merciful in its affects.

I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are watching over us.  They love us and know exactly what we are going through.  They will provide comfort and peace - always!  I am so very excited for General Conference in April.  I am so thankful for modern day prophets and current revelation.  We need not fear, for God knows all things and will prepare us for all things.  May we listen and obey.

Thanks again for all of your prayers and faith in my behalf.
-Doug-

No comments:

Post a Comment