I was talking to a co-worker about my chemotherapy schedule and how I was going to start another round next week. I made the comment "I hope this week goes by very slowly."
As I thought about the later, I realized that I am usually wanting life to go by quickly, thinking that the future will bring with it more time, more energy, more health, more ease, more comfort, more ..... of the good things in life.
I recently heard a talk where the successful business was looking back on his life. He told of the days when he had a young family and not much in the way of material goods. He remembered the feeling he had when he would pull into the driveway and his little child would come running, saying "Daddy! Daddy!". He relfected on his life, all the successes he had in business and opportunities to serve in his church. He said that none of the experiences he had had were better than his child's loving greeting.
I thought of mu children and how quickly they are growing up. They all went through the "Daddy!, Daddy!" stage - and Annie is right in the middle of it. I can always count on her and Daniel for a big hug and warm welcome. This morning Annie had to give me two kisses before I could leave for work. It doesn't get better than that : )
I need to make sure I enjoy each day and not rush them away. There is so much to be thankful for and so much for us to find joy in. All good comes from Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ. Miracles are happening all around us. In the midst of tragety, there are acts of kindness and love.
Let us love more, laugh more, lift more, and seek to be the best we can be. Let us look around and help those around us rise to greater heights and a greater feeling of peace and love.
Thanks again for all the prayers. We are truly lifted and strengthened by your faith. Your love and prayers encompass us with hope.
-Doug-
Yes, live and love for today. We never know what tomorrow will bring us. Life isn't just a journey, but it is an adventure to be enjoyed. You have come a long way Doug. Thanks for keeping in touch, I hope next week brings you good things while you endure the not so good. Keep the faith. Our Heavenly Father loves you.
ReplyDeleteLove you all....Hardly wait for fall break!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your sweet thoughts with us. I have really struggled with this concept lately as stress makes me anxious for bedtimes with the kids and short tempers, and then time with them will soon fade and they will be grown. Your family inspires me and we pray for you all the time and put your name in the prayer roll at the temple.
ReplyDelete