Merry Christmas & Happy New Year Everyone : )
We have had a wonderful Holiday season so far. Christmas was wonderful and New Years looks to be just as fun. We have made many wonderful memories that will make this Christmas one to always be remembered. A HUGE HUG and THANK YOU to whomever sent Santa and Mrs. Clause to our home. It was very touching and has meant a lot to our family. We have enjoyed being together with friends and family and are so grateful to live where we do. We have felt of our Savior's love for us and all mankind. We know that we are God's children and He has a plan for us to return to Him, to be like Him and enjoy all that He has. We are so thankful for our Savior Jesus Christ for making this possible through His Infinite Atonement. We pray that we will 'endure to the end' that we can be an eternal family. The Gospel has brought so much peace to us during this trial and gives us hope for the future.
As far as my cancer goes, everything seems to be progressing well. I am doing a little physical therapy (before my deductible starts over) to help get my range of motion back in my right arm. I am making good progress and have much of the range of motion back already. I am doing my exercised faithfully each night. I have a doctor's appointment in January after I get another scan. We are hopeful that the scan will be clean and will be the first of 5 years worth of clean scans. If not, we have faith that Heavenly Father will continue to provide the strength, comfort, & support that he has provided the last 2 1/2 years. We know that the 'angels' around us will continue to lift us up and carry us through the difficult times. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Just in case you were wondering, my hair is growing back. Instead of the thick, full, dishwater blond hair I once had, I now have soft, thin, receding, brown hair. Not sure how exactly that happened, but safe to say that chemo really does mess with your cells. I go back and forth between keeping it shaved off to letting it grow out. I am going to start back into exercising more regularly and hope to build back up my endurance and strength. Here's to a wonderful, inspiring, and rejuvenating 2016.
Thanks again for all the love and support that you give me and my family. We pray for you and know you will be blessed for your Christlike service, compassion, and love.
-Doug-
Thank you so much for the update! I'm glad you had a Merry Christmas! Know that you have friends in Iowa who will be praying for all of you throughout all the New Year! Here's to Healing in Joy in 2016!!!
ReplyDeleteawesome news Doug Hope to see your family soon miss you my friend
ReplyDeleteMuch love to you and your family Kotters :)
ReplyDelete