Saturday, August 1, 2015

Watch what you eat!!!

Well, I got too 'relaxed' with the laxative and diet and created an opportunity to visit the ER and Hospital.  The staff and doctors were friendly as usual and even recognized me - that is when you know you are going too often.  A guy at my work works in the ER so it was "fun" to see him.  A loving thank you goes to Angela who convinced me to go to the ER before I was in really bad shape.  I can be stubborn at times - usually to my own detriment.  A BIG thanks goes to the two brothers who gave me a blessing and then stayed with the kids while we went to the ER.  A special thanks to the wife of one of these brothers to come and share the burden.  Hopefully it was some good 'alone' time for them.  I am in room 785 at UVRMC.  I should be out tomorrow at the latest.

I am progressing well.  I am on clear liquids for lunch and then full liquids for dinner as long as my stomach says it is OK.  I did have a bowel movement (TMI - sorry), which means they will be more likely to let me go.  So, I am hoping for and expect they will let me go tomorrow after eating some solid food and it settling well.

I was supposed to have chemotherapy on Monday and Tuesday this week.  However, my platelet count was too low.  I think something is wrong with me because I was trying to convince the doctor to go ahead let me have the chemo - my levels were not "really" low.  It must be that this chemo was supposed to be the last for a little bit.  Maybe I just wanted to get it over with.  So, I get to do the chemotherapy next week.  Luckily, I had scheduled the PET scan for far enough out that we can keep it on the same date.  That will be early September.  There is light at the end of the tunnel - lets hope it is not an on-coming train ; )

I may have to remove some lymph nodes in my right arm pit, but that will be determined later.  I will not worry about that now.  I feel that I am nearing a respite in treatment; however, I will be patient as I try to learn the lessons that I am supposed to during this trial.  Heavenly Father has surrounded us with Angels.  Every need has been met.  Hope is in our hearts.  Peace is in our minds.  Love fills us as we think of all of you who help and serve us.  I could stay up all night counting the many blessings we have been given.

Through all of this, I have realized the importance of quiet meditation.  It is important to take time to be still and think and listen and ponder and pray.  Heavenly Father and our Savior and the angels have messages for us; we just have to listen.

Thanks again for all the prayers, service and love.  I will do better at keeping the blog more updated.

-Doug-

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Doug and Angela for your strong faith and example to me and I'm sure many others. Hang in there. The Lord loves you both and your family and is watching you very closely. As always my faith and prayers are with you. The Gospel is still true :D

    ReplyDelete