I am sitting here in the hospital with warning signs on the door telling people I am radioactive - am I in some kind of movie or something?
It is amazing to think of all the ways they have of treating cancer. As usual the staff here have been wonderful and caring. This is truly a great medical facility.
So, they gave me the treatment dose yesterday at 4:25 pm. It consisted of radioactive iodine attached to a protein (something harmless) that will in theory be attracted to the cancer cells. I will be on special precautions for a week.
They said that the big thing with radiation exposure is time and distance. The further away you are, the more time you can spend with the radioactive item or person. Each day my radiation levels will decrease as the iodine breaks down but mainly because it will be absorbed in my bowel and excreted in my waste. Needless to say, they are not having me save my urine to make sure I am getting enough liquid.
The good news is that if all goes well they said I could come home a week earlier than we had planned. We are hoping I can come home with Angela.
Thank you for all your prayers, love, and support. Your love and faith in our behalf have allowed us to get these treatments. Heavenly Father lives and loves each of us. He is in the details of our lives. He has been so merciful to us this year as we have pursued treatment. We hope to lift the burden of others while we are here. There are so many people that would embrace the gospel of it were only shown to them.
Thank you again for all your love and support.
No comments:
Post a Comment