Sunday, May 26, 2013

All Calm on the Home Front

Hello Everyone - sorry about the long wait for this post to come.  I have been meaning to do this for over a week.  Hopefully I can remember all the things I have been thinking of!

Have you ever had a problem where the solution you chose created a different problem?  Soooooooooooooooooooo frustrating!!!

I have cancer so I choose to receive chemotherapy.  Because of the chemotherapy, I take medications for nausea.  The chemo and/or the anti-nausea medications gave me heartburn.  I started taking medication for the heartburn.  Somewhere is this process, I started to have hemorrhoid pain.  So now I have some medication for that. A few days ago, I was beginning to think that it was more painful to be treated for cancer than it was to have cancer : {

Well, sorry about all the above whining.  It seems like my experience evolves into something after each session of chemotherapy.  I am grateful for modern medicine and all the gains they have made over the years in cancer treatment.  Fortunately, the heartburn and the hemorrhoids have backed off and today I have felt great.  Yesterday was good also.  This is a HUGE blessing from Heavenly Father.  I needed things to ease up so I could be a better husband and father.  There is a skill that I am trying to develop - to be a good husband, father, & neighbor even when I do not feel good.  I need to utilize the deep breathing exercises.  They should help in how I feel and how I react to situations when I am not feeling well.

I have been amazed at how much people care for and help us after each session.  A neighbor whose wife battled cancer for year, told us we have to receive the help with gratitude, as it will keep coming and coming as I battle my cancer.

I know Heavenly Father is watching over me and my family.  I know he used you as his instruments in spreading his love.  Thanks again for all you so for me and my family.

-Doug-

No comments:

Post a Comment